Some moments in life deserve to move from the cell phone screen, digital file or storage box under the bed to be commemorated in a framing package worthy of their importance. In its fifth year, the Tru Vue® Framing Competition asks participants to capture Tru Frameable Moments™ in imaginative designs that showcase the impact of displaying and preserving memories through custom framing.
Launching on June 1, 2016, the Tru Vue Framing Competition invites custom framers to find Tru Frameable Moments in their communities and enhance them with framing packages that demonstrate a high level of creativity, craftsmanship and preservation. The entry period runs through August 31, 2016.
“Tru Frameable Moments celebrates how well custom framing captures and preserves life’s most memorable events,” said Jen Gramm, director of marketing at Tru Vue. “This year’s competition also gives custom framers the opportunity to get involved in what is happening in their communities, and use their search for Frameable Moments as a way to generate publicity and word-of-mouth for their shops.”
To support custom framers in this effort, Tru Vue will post content to their blog highlighting sample projects, ways to find Tru Frameable Moments and ideas for grassroots marketing. Custom framers, whether participating in the framing competition or not, will be able to access an email template for their own digital outreach.
Six semi-finalists will be chosen to complete pieces based on their written design concepts by September 9, 2016. New this year, three finalists will be selected by their custom framing peers through an online poll. The finalists, announced on November 18, 2016, will display their work at the Tru Vue booth at the West Coast Art & Frame Show (WCAF), January 23 — 25, 2017, in Las Vegas.
Judging criteria at all levels include overall visual impact, design and creative elements, and technique. Judges will also consider the story behind the frameable moment and how well the framing package helps tell it.
This year’s competition includes two awards:
- Best in Show: Judges’ Choice (Grand Prize) — chosen by Tru Vue’s panel of custom framing experts. The winner will receive a Frameable Moment Experience package, including:
- A $2,000 travel voucher good towards roundtrip airfare within the continental U.S., two nights hotel accommodations, and airport transportation;
- A $1,000 gift certificate from Cloud 9 Living, an experience gift company that offers unique and memorable experiences in markets throughout the U.S. Choose anything from thrill rides in an Indy Car to relaxing spa days;
- And a $500 stipend to frame the Tru Frameable Moment Experience selected by the winner;
- For a total value of $3,500.
- Fan Favorite — recipient of the most votes from WCAF attendees and Facebook. Winner will receive:
- A $500 Cloud 9 Living gift certificate;
- And a $500 stipend to frame the Tru Frameable Moment selected by the winner;
- For a total value of $1,000.
Tru Vue also provides national publicity for finalists and winners, and support for promotion in finalist and winner local markets.
Full details, rules and regulations are available at www.tru-vue.com/custom-framing/promotions and through the Tru Vue Facebook page.
Share this Article:
This article is intended for educational purposes only and does not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the author(s) individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of Tru Vue or its employees. Tru Vue does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented.