VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
The TruLife® Acrylic and HeARTs Speak Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. TruLife and HeARTs Speak employees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of employees, are not eligible to enter.
By submitting an entry to the Photo Contest, entrants certify that their participation in this Photo Contest is not illegal or in violation of any law, regulation, treaty or administrative act, and that the laws of their governing jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry do not prohibit or restrict the receipt of any prize under this Photo Contest.
TruLife and HeARTs Speak reserve the right to reject any entry if, with sole discretion, the laws of an applicable jurisdiction, including but not limited to the entrant’s jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, would prohibit or limit TruLife and HeARTs Speak from proceeding with the Photo Contest as intended or the consideration or awarding of any Prize would impose additional administrative, tax, operational, or legal burdens on TruLife and HeARTs Speak.
Furthermore, individuals residing in any “Excluded Jurisdiction” are ineligible to enter the Photo Contest. Excluded Jurisdiction means any country listed on the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Active Sanctions Programs list available at https://sanctionssearch.ofac.treas.gov/.
The Photo Contest is a partnership between TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak. This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media platform.
The Photo Contest begins at 12:00am ET on August 23rd, 2017 and ends at 12:00am ET on August 31st, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
Voting begins at 12:00am ET on Monday, August 28th, 2017 and ends at 12:00am ET on September 6th, 2017 (the “Voting Period”).
WHAT TO ENTER
**NORTH AMERICAN (US and Canada) WINNERS ONLY: While anyone is the world is welcome to submit their photo, due to our current fabricator roster, we can only award a TruLife face mount to photographers in North America.**
Many are familiar with the mugshot type photos that present sheltered or rescue animals for adoptions. Anyone who has ever known and loved an adopted animal knows those photos hide their unique personalities and beautiful souls.
Inline with the HeART Speak mission of a world where no sheltered animal goes unseen, we want you to show us your favorite adopted (or adoptable) animal true-to-life… stripped of the stereotypes that often trap them.
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit files no larger than 20MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files of at least 240 dpi/ppi will be requested should an entry be preselected to be awarded a prize or an honorable mention. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
Entries may originate in any format — including, but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints — so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png form. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable.
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak upon request.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak upon request.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction. TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak reserve the right to require entrants to submit evidence of the subject’s legal consent to be photographed for the submitted photograph, which may include a signed waiver from the subject. NOTE: Waiver requirements vary by jurisdiction, and the entrant is responsible for obtaining a legally enforceable waiver from any photographed subject.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
- TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo. A watermarked photo might not be honored by the competition (at the sole discretion of TruLife and HeARTs Speak) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide a pristine, watermark-free version of the image when asked.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter our contest, follow the steps below:
- Post your appropriate photo via the contest landing page
- Eligible photos should include:
- Name of animal featured
- Caption (describe the image)
- Name of Shelter or Rescue
- Photographer Email Address
- Photographer First Name
- Photographer Last Name
- Photographer URL
- Photographer Social Channels
- The hashtag #artistshelpinganimalscontest when you share!
- Winners will be notified via email
You may enter once. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Contest Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Contest Rules.
Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as with a paragraph about their photo or the highest resolution version of their photo) anytime on or after September 12th, 2017.
Contest entries will be voted on openly by contest entrants themselves, along with HeARTs Speak Members, friends, and their online community.
All decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
We will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
The winning photo will be face mounted on TruLife Acrylic (valued at approximately $500), and the winner will receive a free, year-long HeARTs Speak Artist Membership, which not only serves to strengthen the community of artists working to help animals in need, it directly affects all HeARTs Speak programs, including helping the organization serve more shelters and change the lives of countless homeless animals across the world.
A HeARTs Speak Artist Membership includes:
- Access to an ever-expanding library of educational tools and resources custom designed to strengthen and complement your creativity and reach for shelter animals
- Unique vendor discounts exclusive to HeARTs Speak members, including a discount code for TruLife Acrylic
- The opportunity to earn a generous licensing fee and sell work through HeARTs Speak stock library, ‘Images With HeART’, simultaneously helping animals achieve more mainstream exposure
- Get on the local rescue radar while finding opportunities for paid work as an official artist member listed in the HeARTs Speak artist directory
- Help extend HeARTs Speak lifesaving services to more homeless pets by partaking in programs like the Perfect Exposure Project
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak a royalty-free, nonexclusive right to:
Display the photograph on:
- HeARTs Speak and TruLife Acrylic social channels and websites.
- Allow third-parties to share the photograph on social media.
- Use the photograph on the internet and in social media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fundraising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation and membership services.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the The TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak photo library.
TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak will endeavor to credit all photographs with the caption “Person’s Name” when the full name is available.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Photo Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Photo Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Photo Contest; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Photo Contest, violates these Contest Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Photo Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys’ fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
When you enter, you will automatically become an e-supporter of TruLife Acrylic and HeARTs Speak. This includes educational content, special event invitations, digital messages, text and a monthly e-newsletter. You may cancel and unsubscribe at any time.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
Results will be announced on Thursday, September 7th, 2017.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com.
Share this Article:
This article is intended for educational purposes only and does not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the author(s) individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of Tru Vue or its employees. Tru Vue does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented.