The good news is, this year, you’re not alone.
It’s no secret that inflation and supply chains are making the headlines this year as we enter the peak holiday shopping season. In fact, it is a top domestic issue facing the US at this moment with the White House even getting involved. On top of that, this year’s holiday season feels even more important because we are finally able to gather again after being kept apart. After the events of 2020, it’s safe to say that nobody is taking this time to gather with family and exchange gifts for granted.
The headlines about empty shelves and hard-to-find gifts are just another example of how we will need to adapt and overcome. One thing is for certain: if there ever was a year to get creative and think outside-the-box with your gift ideas, this is the one.
“Some gifts are big.
Others are small.
But the ones that come from the heart are the best gifts of all.”
– Tinku Razoria
The Benefits of a Custom Framed Gift
It’s true that coming up with a personal and thoughtful gift idea often takes a bit more time and effort than grabbing something from a store and wrapping it up. But that doesn’t mean it has to be difficult. It’s also the time and effort that makes these types of gifts all the more special. If you are looking for a thoughtful and creative gift idea this holiday season, look no further than a custom framed memory. Here are some of the top benefits of considering a custom framed gift for your loved ones this holiday season:
- Personal and emotional touch. Taking the time to conceptualize and bring an idea to life shows how much you care. Considering a custom framed gift shows that time, thought and effort went into the idea.
- Supporting local businesses. Did you know that 80% of brick and mortar custom framing shops are independently owned and operated? Shopping locally helps support the local economy and is known to be better for the environment because the items require less packaging and fuel for transport.
- Allows gift givers to show creativity. Custom framed gift giving offers you the opportunity to show off your creativity and craft a unique one-of-a-kind style for your loved ones. Don’t worry too much if you struggle in the creativity department, that’s what local custom framers are here for. They will be able to lend advice and help you hone in on the perfect options!
- Opportunity to preserve memories for a lifetime. Be sure to ask your custom framer about the many options to ensure your gift lasts a lifetime. Examples of this include different types of frames and matting along with upgrading to premium glass options such as Museum GlassⓇ.
What are some Creative & Thoughtful Custom Framed Gift Ideas for 2021?
- Framed milestone life event documents. Consider finding physical evidence of an achievement that your loved one has completed and get it framed. The best options for this tend to be something that the person is proud of. A few examples of this could include:
- College or High School Diplomas
- Birth announcement of a child
- Awards or recognitions
- Wedding invitations
- Meaningful letters
- Framed photos and memories. Take a look at their social media posts to get an idea of what is important to them. In fact, it is easily possible to print and frame a photo from an Instagram or Facebook post! Here are a few other ideas for framed gifts involving a photo:
- Pet photos
- Vacation photos
- Wedding Photos
- Family photos
- Music or live theatre memories. Performing arts may not be the first thing to come to mind when one thinks about custom framing, but there are plenty of opportunities to turn your favorite performances into a tangible and custom framed gift. Start by looking for:
- Concert posters
- Album artwork
- Sports memorabilia from your loved one’s favorite team. It’s no secret that sports culture reigns supreme in America! Putting together a thoughtful tribute to your loved one’s favorite team is sure to be a favorite this year. Here are a few ideas of sports items that can be custom-framed:
- Team flags
- Trading cards
The following sports items would need to be framed using a shadow box:
- Baseball gloves
- Game balls
- Game pucks or hockey sticks
- Baseball bats
- Football helmets
Tru Vue® is Here to Help You Shine This Holiday Season
At Tru Vue, we are passionate about art and the idea of preserving life’s finest moments for generations to come. Our line of premium glass products are intended to bring a new level of protection to your framed items and can help your gift shine with a level of clarity never seen before this holiday season. When it comes to custom framing, our glass products are unmatched with amazing clarity and uncompromised protection.
Share this Article:
This article is intended for educational purposes only and does not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the author(s) individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of Tru Vue or its employees. Tru Vue does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented.