The Arizona State Museum (ASM), located at the University of Arizona (UA) in Tucson, has launched an initiative to...
Proven Protection & Preservation
Our high-performance glass and acrylic glazing solutions are trusted by conservation and fine art professionals to protect and display the most celebrated works of art in the world. We work closely with the museum community to develop our products to meet superior aesthetic and conservation standards.
Museums & Collectors
Arizona State Museum’s Initiative to Save an American Treasure.
The Arizona State Museum (ASM), located at the University of Arizona (UA) in Tucson, has launched an initiative to...Read More
We’d love to hear from you. Our museum and conservation liaisons are here to answer any question, whether they relate to technical properties of glazing, preservation framing, glazing for traveling exhibitions, permanent collections, and/or loans. We regularly come across challenging framing and display applications and are available to share our glazing expertise with you or your team. If you are interested in a particular subject or in arranging a talk, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help.
Tru Vue® Conservation and Exhibition Grant Program
We are pleased to be partnering with the Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) and The Institute for Conservation (Icon) to offer grants to support projects in glazing applications for preservation and exhibition of museum and library collections in today's challenging environment .
Our goals for this program include increasing knowledge of glazing applications, supporting the preservation and display of collections so objects can be presented to visitors in a safe way, and encouraging the involvement of conservators in museum and library collection projects.
“We are excited to continue our support of institutions and conservators in their endeavours to preserve art and heritage for future generations, and to create an enhanced and safe viewing experience for museum visitors” said Jennifer Booth, Business Manager for Fine Art & Museums, for Tru Vue, Inc. “This is a critical time to support museums and conservation professionals who have been impacted by the pandemic. We are looking forward to supporting future conservation initiatives with our Tru Vue Conservation and Exhibition Grant program.”
Included in the Grant Program
- Cash awards up to $3,000 USD
- An in-kind donation of Optium Museum Acrylic® or UltraVue® Laminated Glass for use directly related to the conservation and display project (value estimated up to $4,000 USD)
Photo credit: Iwan Baan. Image courtesy of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.
Collections Using Optium Acrylic Glazing
The world’s most renowned museums entrust the protection and preservation of their finest works of art to Optium Acrylic Glazing. Read more for a sample of institutions.
- Art Gallery of Ontario (Toronto, CAN)
- Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art (Bentonville, AK)
- Denver Art Museum (Denver, CO)
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum (Santa Fe, NM)
- High Museum of Art (Atlanta, GA)
- Indianapolis Museum of Art (Indianapolis, IN)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (Los Angeles, CA)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY)
- Museum of Fine Art, Boston (Boston, MA)
- Museum of Fine Art, Houston (Houston, TX)
- Museum of Modern Art (New York, NY)
- Musical Instruments Museum (Tempe, AZ)
- New-York Historical Society (New York, NY)
- National Gallery of Art (Washington, DC)
- Norton Simon Museum (Los Angeles, CA)
- Saint Louis Art Museum (St. Louis, MO)
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (San Francisco, CA)
- Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery (Washington, DC)
- The Morgan Library & Museum (New York, NY)
- Vancouver Art Gallery (Vancouver, CAN)
- Walters Art Museum (Baltimore, MD)
- Winterthur Museum, Garden, and Library (Wilmington, DE)
- Bibliotheque National du France (Paris, France)
- Fitzwilliam Museum (Cambridge, UK)
- FOMU – Fotomuseum provincie Antwerpen (Antwerp, BE)
- Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna (Rome, IT)
- Herakleidon Museum (Athens, GR)
- Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt (Darmstadt, DE)
- Mauritshuis Museum (The Hague, NL)
- Musee d’Orsay (Paris, FR)
- Musee Auguste Rodin (Paris, FR)
- Museum of London (London, UK)
- Museum Thyssen-Bornemisza (Madrid, ES)
- Opificio delle Pietre Dure Museum (Florence, IT)
- Palazzo Pitti (Florence, IT)
- Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam, NL)
- Southampton City Art Gallery (Southampton, UK)
- Statens Museum for Kunst (SMK): National Gallery of Denmark (Copenhagen, DK)
- Wallraf-Richartz-Museum (Köln, DE)
- China Central Academy of Fine Art (Beijing, CN)
- Hong Kong Museum of Art (Hong Kong)
- National Art Museum of China (Beijing, CN)
- Shanghai Art Museum (Shanghai, CN)
- Sao Paulo Museum of Art (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Museo Dolores Olmedo Patiño (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Auckland Art Gallery (Auckland, NZ)
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (Wellington, NZ)
- National Gallery of Australia (Canberra, Australia)
- National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, Alexander Turnbull Library Collections (Wellington, NZ)
- Museum of Islamic Art (Doha, Qatar)
At some point in time everyone one of us is going to experience glass breakage and the first question...
In 2017, the council of the Mexican City of Puebla asked Carlos Mijares, creator and owner of the EX–LIBRIS®...