Nearly 50 years ago, Tru Vue® pioneered the glazing technologies that raised the bar on the glass and acrylic used in today’s custom picture framing industry.
Ever since then, we’ve been celebrating the art of custom framing, most recently through our annual custom framing competitions. Now, we’re capping it all off with the launch of our final framing competition – “Raise Your Glass” – as we elevate the artists who elevate the art.
For the finale to our framing competitions, we’ve asked Tru Vue All-Stars – a group of winners from past competitions – to submit exceptional pieces of work that exemplify the ethos of what it means to “raise your glass” with Tru Vue products.
Visit the new landing page for the “Raise Your Glass” All-Star competition to see the projects from these framing experts and read the stories behind each. Now, without further ado, here are your Framing All-Stars and their projects:
- Kosal Eang, Framed By Kosal (Monroe, Conn.), “Passing Time”
- Myrna Dow, High Desert Frameworks (Bend, Ore.), “Man on the Moon”
- Michael Mixon, Hanging Around Hoover (Hoover, Ala.), “Day of the Dead”
- Donna Erwin, Columbia River Gallery (Troutdale, Ore.), “Do That Voodoo That You Do”
- Marlowe Hill, BlackRabbet Framing Studio (Atlanta, Ga.), “Espresso Royale”
- Sarah Beckett, SB Framing Gallery (Milwaukee, Wis.), “Showing Eye Can See Clearly Now”
- Francine Hackerott, The Frame and I (Prescott, Ariz.), “Eternal Remembrance“
- Andrea Tucker Hatch, Cabinet of Curiosities (Stettler, Alberta), “They All Remember It How They Need To”
Share this Article:
This article is intended for educational purposes only and does not replace independent professional judgment. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the author(s) individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of Tru Vue or its employees. Tru Vue does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented.